So I’ve been missing from here lately..
I’ll give you a list of what’s up. Cause I wanna procrastinate and avoid doing real life things, duh.
1. I’m home. And I’m in the process of organizing a semi-permanent move back home at the end of the month. I gave my 30 days notice almost two weeks ago but for some reason putting in dates for utilities and trying to find a moving truck makes it all much more real. I’ve had mixed feelings about all this. In some ways I feel I’ve failed, in other ways I’m accepting of it and see it as a chance to refocus and get.a.dang.job. Don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll ramble more on this whole process in time. It’s bound to drive me a little bonkers soon enough.
2. My home internet hates this website. I have no idea why but it does. So the fact that I’m writing this is sort of miraculous. Yeah, totally.
3. I’ve been riding my bike a lot and trying to take as many walks as I can stand. I’ve seen so many deer, bunnies, Warblers, a freaking woodpecker?! (I always hear and never see them), and the lonely heron today! It’s the loveliest thing just being surrounded by so much green and hearing birds and the rustling of leaves all around. I missed it, a lot.
4. It’s May and it’s like FORTY DEGREES OUT. What up PA?! I had to wear gloves this morning and I turned my heat on. I don’t even want to talk about it.
5. I made this and this and this recently. All were delicious and completely recommended. The oatmeal bars were way more gooey than expected and er — not complaining. Nom. That cake? I toasted my coconut (and let it cool) prior to putting it in the Cool Whip, do it. It elevates the taste and gives even more texture to a lovely texturized cake! I think I just made up the word texturized. Go with it?
6. We had a sort of girls day yesterday. I made us all dinner and dessert. Spaghetti and meatballs with a lovely salad, garlic toast, and that cake for dessert! We played this game. My Grandma is so darn snarky still, I love it.
7. What else? Hm. We’ve been continuing our Classic Movie Nights.. Recent viewings included High Society and An Affair to Remember. I enjoyed both of them, but I have a weird love for Bing Crosby so I think High Society wins out. And Louis Armstrong, you can’t beat that!
8. Still job searching. It still sucks.
9. Oh, and that’s the thing I’ve been procrastinating doing. Best get back to that.
Ciao for now!